The Developer primary role will be to provide support for incident tickets, as well as on-call support (on a rotational basis) for systems written in C/C++, MicroFocus Cobol and Oracle databases running on Windows and Linux, and execute CICS programming. Support includes analyzing and providing resolution of the incidents. The resolutions should be permanent in nature, as to prevent repeat of the incidents. Permanent resolution can entail the development, testing, implementation and monitoring of system changes. The Developer is also responsible for following the Ingram Micro chosen applications development standards and methodologies. The Developer efforts will be primarily in support of resolution of incident tickets. Support of incident tickets, as well as on-call support can entail working outside of normal business hours or off shifts.
Candidate must possess at least a Bachelor's/College Degree , Computer Science/Information Technology or equivalent.
At least 4 year(s) of working experience in the related field is required for this position.
Preferably 1-4 Yrs Experienced Employees specializing in IT/Computer - Software or equivalent.
Full-Time position(s) available.
Must be willing to work Shifting and be assigned to McKinley Taguig
Major Responsibility: Incident Management Support
• Analyzes and provides resolution to incident tickets individual is assigned to.
• Updates progress status of incident tickets from assignment through closure of incident.
• Participates on bridge calls for high/critical level incidents.
• Documents PBI's (Problem Incident) as needed.
• Documents SIR's (Significant Incident Reviews) for high and critical incidents.
• Provide on-call support for resolving high/critical incidents.
End Results: Resolves incident tickets and on-call issues within stated SLA's. In doing so, provides permanent resolutions to prevent repeat of incidents.
Major Responsibility: Systems Development and Implementation:
• Makes modifications to existing system applications and/or develops new applications to address system failures/issues raised via incident tickets or from processing failures.
• Prepares components of development efforts for review and production implementation. These include but not limited to:
o User/technical documentation
o Detailed test plans and test results
o Prepares changes requests (travelers and RFC's)
o Executes post implementation monitoring/support of system changes
End Results: Develops and implements code that has minimal defects and resolves incidents, meets the business's desired requirements and is efficient in terms of processing impact and adheres to departmental systems development methodology, standard procedures and coding techniques.
Major Responsibility: Systems Analysis and Design
• Designs solutions to address incidents and business requests.
• Responsible for identifying various technical/application alternatives.
• Performs efficient and effective analysis and complete task level activities, which may include but not limited to:
o Estimates for development efforts
o Recommendations for process design changes
End Results: Creative in delivering value and carefully researched alternatives and system solutions to address customer user issues and requests.
Job Qualifications and Educational Requirement
• A Bachelor's Degree with an IT emphasis is required.
• Minimum of 3-5 years' experience needed in programming using the languages pertinent to the position.
• Knowledge/experience with COBOL, CICS, JCL, IMS, DB2 and Oracle Database programming language.
• Good to have experience with Microsoft C/C++, ANSI C, Microfocus Cobol and Linux/Unix Operating systems.
• Familiarity of tools used in the above programing languages is required.
• Ability/desire to analyze business problems and requests from one or more sources to formulate solutions of moderate to significant complexity.
- Senior Level/ 2-5 Years...
- Computer / IT
- Application / Software /...
- Open 8 AM
- Close 5 PM
- Tagalog / Filipino
- Business Process Outsourcing