Primary responsibility for this position assisting and supporting installation, programming, new store onboarding, alarm commissioning and troubleshooting of products and services offered by Emerson Commercial
and Residential Solutions. This position will require interfacing with Technical Support Specialists (Tier 1 and
Tier 2), Application Developers, Quality Assurance Analysts, company management, sales and others as
required to resolve customer product installation, usage, and support issues. Calls taken by this group are
typically detailed and require a medium level of expertise to resolve unless calls are received directly from the
inbound call queue. This position may require travel and face-to-face interaction with client, as well as
rotational on-call responsibilities.
Gather customer information, analyze symptoms, and determine the underlying issue.
Perform administrative level support confirming validity of problem and seeking known solutions.
Provide detailed level troubleshooting and diagnoses to resolve hardware/software faults.
Able to promptly answer support related email, phone calls, and other electronic communications.
Remotely diagnose issues caused by operating system, IIS, network, database, computer hardware,
antivirus, firewalls, etc. using VPN or remote desktop applications.
Install, configure, and test hardware and software.
Maintain proficiency in all products, functions and services that company offers. This includes
installation, programming, and equipment protocol.
Provide commissioning, verification and service as directed by the Supervisor.
Perform software installations/upgrades and trainings remotely when requested by customers.
Train new associates and sales personnel as needed.
Work with associates to provide guidance and leadership on issues. Maintain friendly and cooperative relationships with end-user customers and team members to ensure a
high standard of professionalism, product reliability, and customer satisfaction.
Test software/hardware to verify proper operation, validity of results, accuracy, reliability, and
conformance to established standards.
Assist our customer's in the installation of patches created by the development group to address
concerns and/or functionality related issues in our products.
Recommend software/hardware improvements or corrections to the development group and/or
management for review/implementation.
Software/Hardware testing on new products or revisions of current software applications in our
Assist the Senior Sales Engineer with the development, creation, and modification of training courses in
eLearning to help grow the level of product knowledge within the team.
Develop, build, modify, and submit technical support documentation and procedures to our Support
Advise management when aware of any product issues that affect reliability, performance, and customer
Able to work independently and efficiently or in a team to meet deadlines.
Work as a member of a special or on-going project.
Displays a professional appearance and attitude within the team, when interfacing/communicating with
our customers, or when working with departments and/or management.
Perform other duties, responsibilities, and projects as assigned by management.
• Graduate of any Engineering discipline course, Electronics and Communications Engineering degree
• Minimum 2-3 years of telephone service support in a technical environment with minimal supervision.
• Knowledge of troubleshooting computer hardware, computer software, and wireless network and
• Basic knowledge of configuration & setup for Microsoft IIS Web Server.
• Basic knowledge of Microsoft SQL Server and how to run scripts.
• Basic knowledge of TCP/IP Networking and network troubleshooting/diagnostic skills.
• Basic knowledge of Microsoft ASP, ASP.NET, HTML, & XML a plus.
• Good interpersonal, communication, and organizational skills.
• Detail oriented, documents well, and strong attention to detail.
• Strong problem solving skills.
• Computer skills including word processing, spreadsheets, database, Internet software, E-mail, Windows XP,
• Must have proficient oral, written and interpersonal skills as well as demonstrated customer service skills.
• Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a timely fashion.
• Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
• Must be flexible, independent, and self-motivated.
• Working conditions are normal for an office environment.
• Work may require overnight travel and/or evening work.
• Excellent written and spoken communication skills in English
• Good IT capabilities
• Good in logical faultfinding
• Easily copes with multiple software tools for faultfinding
• Experience in working with Service Desk solutions
- Junior Level/ 0-2 Years...
- Computer / IT
- Open 8 AM
- Close 5 PM
- Electrical Installation...